On a large action, there may be a Legal Back Office using its own number, which often coordinates station support. Otherwise, the Protest Legal Support Helpline often has information on arrestees and can offer valuable support & advice
If you are unsure whether there is a Back Office, or who they are, give the Protest Legal Support Line a ring on 07946 541 511.
Please check in with the Back Office / Protest Legal Support Line when you arrive at the police station, to give:
- The name and telephone number you are using
- Your location and how long you can stay for
- Details of any interactions that you’ve already had with the police station front desk or solicitors
- Whether you have all the information you need or if there is anything more that you need
- Information on any other local supporters who might be able to help out with accommodation, transport, food, etc.
Please also phone:
- When someone is released – For the G7 protests in June 2021, it may be easier to fill out this form instead of calling the Protest Support Line: https://g7.arrest.support/release
- To check out when you are leaving the police station
- If you have any queries