The Public Order Act 2023 came into force in May 2023 for some provisions. From 2nd July the tunnelling offences have also come into force.
New since 2nd July
- New offence of causing serious disruption by tunnelling
- New offence of causing serious disruption by being present in a tunnel
- New offence of being equipped for tunnelling etc
- New offence of obstruction etc of major transport works
New since 3rd May
- 2 New offences of Locking On and Going Equipped to Lock On
- New offence of Interference with use or operation of key national infrastructure
- Changes to S.12 and S.14 – conditions on marches and assemblies
We are preparing a guide to the new legislation, please watch this space. Netpol have a very useful explainer on their web site.
The Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act (PCSC) received royal assent on 28th April 2022, many of the new powers are now in place.
You can read our guide here.
read our key messages
GBC and other collectives offer comprehensive legal support to the activist community. Find out how we are organised and how you can get involved
Key Advice when Going on a Protest
If you’re heading out on a protest, take a read of our key messages and download a copy of our latest …Read More
3. What happens if I break bail conditions?
We currently receive many calls from people on bail from domestic abuse related offences, asking for help on whether to …Read More
Bustcards are an essential item to take with you on a protest. They provide you with our key advice, information on stop …Read More
6. Trespass & Aggravated Trespass
Trespass Trespass alone is a matter of civil law, which means that the police have no power to arrest you for it; …Read More
Guides, Resources & Other Organisations
GUIDES Our guides are designed to help support you in dealing with the police. We are not lawyers. The information in these …Read More
Know Your Rights Training - 29th November (ONLINE)
Online Know Your Rights Training - 29th Nov, 18.30-20.30 The training will cover key messages, interacting with police and security,…Read More