Action Medic Workshop
We are currently unable to offer Action Medic training, we’ll update this page when circumstances change.
This workshop is for those hoping to learn first aid skills relevant to protest and direct action scenarios.
» Find out about and sign up for upcoming workshops
The training is aimed at people with at least some experience of these situations already, but you do not necessarily need to have already done first aid training before.
The usual weekend training format is Friday evening 7-9, Saturday 9.30-6.30 and Sunday 10-6.
What this course is and is not:
- This is a 20 hour street medic training.
- We will cover the majority of the basic information and skills you will need to provide first aid at protests and direct actions.
- This will not make you ready for everything.
- This course is a foundation in first aid and some practice. More diverse and deeper skill comes with time and practice as well as continuing education in health care. You are not a “real” medic until you are in the streets interacting with patients.
- We do not teach Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). CPR is a great and sometimes necessary skill, but we do not cover it here due to time constraints.
- This is NOT a certificate course. You will receive no certifications or licenses of any kind. If you have a first aid certificate (such as First Aid at Work) this will not count as a refresher course.
Please only book a place if you can definitely attend all three days.